Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2015 (KCET 2015) to offer admissions to the candidates in various undergraduate as well as professional courses which are offered in the state of Karnataka. KCET is mostly conducted by KEA in the month of May each year.
Your rank will be determined purely on merit. If you’re a student who has applied for the Medical and Dental courses, then your rank will be determined only on the basis of your PCB marks in the CET.
In the case of Indian System of Medicine and Homoeopathy Courses, your rank will be determined by equally considering your PCB marks in the qualifying examinations as well as your PCB marks in the CET.
KCET test formats
KCET Exam Pattern will state about the marking scheme, type of question, the number of questions, sections in the exam, and even subjects in the exam. Knowing the KCET exam pattern in advance will clear the ambiguity about the exam and will also indicate the level of difficulty. After knowing it all, candidates will not be confused or waste time on the exam day.
- The candidate should have studied for at least 7 years in Government or Government recognized institution in Karnataka between classes 1st to class 12th.
- If an applicant has made more than one attempt for any year, it will be counted as single year only.
- Class 11th and 12th should have been passed from an institution which Karnataka government recognizes.
- One of the candidate’s parents should have studied in Karnataka for at least 7 years.
General and OBC Residents of Karnataka are supposed to remit approx 10USD as application fee, whereas, SC/ ST candidates of Karnataka will have to submit 8USD, for the same. Apart from this, all the non-residents of Karnataka will be required to remit, irrespective of their category, and the fee amount for the international candidates is approx 76 USD.
Once a year
- Maths/Biology - 70 Minutes.
- Physics - 70 Minutes.
- Chemistry - 70 Minutes.
- Kannada (in case) - 70 Minutes.
4 Hours 40 Minutes.
A good number of centres across Karnataka.
Test Materials are always available with Coaching Institutes or other General Book Stores. Information may also be available on the internet.
Karnataka Examination Authority.
1 Academic year.